• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Games you would like to see get remastered?

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
I have a 3DS, and when I got it, they announced the New 3DS which totally annoyed me. I like my 3Ds but I feel like they are definitely trying to phase out the 3DS since Switch is pretty much a portable. I like the idea of the swang song, a high note to start going out on, but maybe they thought it would just further drive attention back to the 3DS when they really want to focus everyone to the Switch. I'd like a Switch, but not going for it for a long long time. I'm plenty busy enough with what I have now.
Know what though? My Gameboy Advance SP is charging so fuck all of it. Time to play some Alleyway and Castlevania Double Pack.
Testify my brother!

You're totally right in that ninty is afraid that a hit on the 3DS will make it harder for them to abandon the system, which they are clearly trying to do. This wouldn't happen if they had an actual successor to the 3DS, because the switch is NOT it. Size-wise, screen-wise, and on other levels it's not a portable successor to those who have stuck it out from the DS days. Even the N3DS is far from obsolete, the processing power is far from being maxed out and I would argue that LA (or at least a port) would easily run on it. I vehemently oppose forced obsolescence, the same way I hate apple.

Like you, my legacy systems are doing just fine. My OG GB also still works with the battery pack and runs all the games just fine. That thing will survive an apocalypse. Ditto with the SNES.
Long live the holdouts!

Back on topic though, I recently have a hankering for some remasters of the old school RTS games, like Dune, Command & Conquer/Red Alert. RA3 and TT were nice 3D versions, so something along those lines for those classics would be nice.

D-rock

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
A game that I would like to see remastered, but was recently announced as getting a completely redone sequel is Kerbal Space Program. Seeing as how the original is my favorite video game ever, I'm a both nervous and excited. Even if they just have it be nothing more than what's in the first one except updating the graphics, fixing some bugs, and the legacy issues with how the planets where mapped as terrain and hot structures got unstable in the engine with they got too large it will be worth it, but it looks like they are adding even more than that.

I'm going to try and not get my hopes up too much, but what I'm thinking with this one is, "Please don't screw this up....Please don't screw this up...Please don't screw this up....................."

uniqueusername1928

Get a new wallpaper at Wallpaperheaven.com!
Kotor 1 and 2 are definitely on top of my list. As well as Silent Hill 1 & 2, but the way Konami is nowadays, that's highly unlikely.

spartan

The search button is in the right hand corner.
xwing vs tie ifhgter was the really adorable games, actually they really remake the podracer for ps4 and 4k would be beyond the imagination!

- - - Updated - - -

YES yes yes and yes sir!

- - - Updated - - -

i heard they are making it with unreal engine but??

hmm can be fan made? i dont think DISNEY would let this amazing game come back again..

Smitd

Keep posting!
I've never really seen the point of remasters most of the time.

Remakes make some sense I guess, though maybe remasters are more for making older titles available to people who don't have the consoles for them still?
I've never seen the point of just graphical enhancements (like remastering a title that's not even ten years old or something such as Last of Us, etc.)

I do think a remaster of Uncharted Waters: New Horizons would be pretty cool though. Having an age of discovery sailing game with modern graphics and mechanical improvements could be really interesting.
I know there's an MMO version (I think) still running, but I never have much interest in online games.

MILF Man

milf n' cookies
I wish Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Remastered would have included Spec Ops. What were those idiots thinking?

CrimsonBolt

I AM A SLUT FOR RYAN GOSLING
#1 Dino Crisis 2 (I had finished this game over 20 times!) I love it! and he really deserve to be re-made with the actuals graphics!

dc2jqjb0.jpg

#2 Fear Effect, this game might be very good but I never can play a long time because of the rigid gameplay, such a shame, it really need to be rebooted.

fecbk4v.jpg

#3 Parasite Eve 2, amazing game! the cafe cinematic when the girl turn into a monster was incredible at the time, unfortunately I've never play the first parasite Eve game, never been released in Europe.

peqwjzy.jpg

#4 The Simpsons Hit & Run, when GTA meet the Simpsons very fun game!

shrq3jby.jpg

#5 Buffy Chaos Bleeds, Was very a huge fan of that TV show when I was younger and to be honest I still love it!, the video game was cool, I would love to play it with current graphics and gameplay.

bcb3wj7q.jpg

whalers90

Freeones T-shirt Winner
more original - less remakes - in general = games, movies & tv shows.
no one has a real original thought these days

spartan

The search button is in the right hand corner.
hmm can be fan made? i dont think DISNEY would let this amazing game come back again..
totally agree with you. But i think there is re-making of kotor am i right? oh and how about the podracer remake? for pc-ps4-5 xbox. and league for it? would really love to customized podracers

tvstrip

I want to see a remake of Final Fantasy 6. 7 Gets all the love, but I still think 6 is better and deserving of a full 3D remake.

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!
Gears of War 2. That's my favourite of the franchise. Don't think it's gonna' happen though.

tvstrip

I know we have the sequels and even a remaster, but I would love to see a remake of the original brought up to modern standards.

Last edited: