• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Games you would like to see get remastered?

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
I had the perfect idea for a remaster and now I can't remember because I was drinking. Grrr.. what was it?!

I remember now. Mario Land, Gameboy. I would love to see Mario get taken back to Sarasaland.

spartan

The search button is in the right hand corner.
xwing vs tie ifhgter was the really adorable games, actually they really remake the podracer for ps4 and 4k would be beyond the imagination!

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget KoToR: The Sith Lords

YES yes yes and yes sir!

- - - Updated - - -

They should remaster KotOR 2 and put in an actual ending that they left out when they rushed to get it out.

i heard they are making it with unreal engine but??

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
I remember now. Mario Land, Gameboy. I would love to see Mario get taken back to Sarasaland.
Other than SML2, I think Tatanga is one of the few Mario Villains not to appear in Smash Bros. Or get any real attention, despite being a Final (& a level) boss.

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!
Fallout (4) New Vegas. (Work in progress)

And a little more of RE2 Remake.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
They should remaster KotOR 2 and put in an actual ending that they left out when they rushed to get it out.

There is always The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod.

~~whimsy~~

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
Eïnhander from PS1. Even if it ends up being mobile. Just keep it true.

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!
I would like to see Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake remastered. Konami should definitely do this to redeem themselves from MSG5 and MS Rising.

Bluejaye

I still don't know what I am doing
This.
So.
Much.

Hell, just give me another remixed soundtrack and I'll be happy.

I think the issue is that the genre sorta is stagnant. Even Starcraft isn't as hot as it used to be. They'd be risking a lot trying to bring it back as a legit online game. But maybe if they kept it single player.... nah, then the fans would complain about that too :(

While we're talking Westwood though, CC Renegade would sure deserve a modern remaster.

I've been seeing quite a few people starting to wish for offline, single player games again and getting a bit fed up with online only.

tvstrip

I've been seeing quite a few people starting to wish for offline, single player games again and getting a bit fed up with online only.
Seriously though.
Many of those of us in the real adult world can't spend hours on end to "git gud" enough where it's actually fun to play online with the hardcore gamers. Admittedly as a kid when all I needed to do was finish my homework and have dinner cooked for me, I could play several hours on a weekday, and essentially entire weekends playing games. In those days, yeah, I could master games to the point I could literally pwn causal gamers blindfolded. I'm finding that even today many, if not most/all online games do not have a "noob league" were genuine causal/new gamers can play without getting trounced. Yes, there are co-op plays, but it still doesn't feel as much fun being a handicap for the team, or watching teamates play with equipment light years beyond yours.

Single player offline/campaigns though? Just play at your own pace. Play when you want, at the difficulty you want. No pressure, just fun. I know I'm not a hardcore gamer by saying that, but the reality of life is that unless you are a professional gamer, there are some things that take priority over games. Hell, I miss the days of cheat devices where I can blow through a game. Something about that was really cathartic too.

Lastly, and maybe most importantly is that games that are "online only" literally have an "expiry date" (server shutdown), after which the game literally becomes unplayable. Warhawk is a good example. I just bought the Taken King edition of Destiny, so I'm really hoping that isn't the case with that game either.

yoyodude

Recommendation: www.myFreeOnes.com
Heavenly Sword, God of War (1 & 2, Chains of Olympus, Ghost of Sparta, Ascension), all Splinter Cell games.

felicus

Freeones is like a drug, I'm addicted!
Here here on the mass effect series, splinter cell and the early GOW's. I'd also toss in the SOCOM's.

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
Link's Awakening got announced... for the switch. 3DS players not happy.

Who is ever happy? I don't know how well the Switch is doing but maybe some people feel it needs some more homeruns. Nintendo has never played by the rules, they try and be different which I have always respected, but, as a Nintendo fan myself, I feel the struggles more than they care to admit up in corporate, I'm sure.

tvstrip

Who is ever happy? I don't know how well the Switch is doing but maybe some people feel it needs some more homeruns. Nintendo has never played by the rules, they try and be different which I have always respected, but, as a Nintendo fan myself, I feel the struggles more than they care to admit up in corporate, I'm sure.
I get that they needed a hit for the switch. My issue is that they are shutting out the 3DS, when from what we see it looks no more technically demanding than ALBW. Plus it's the game that's been teased for years now, so it's natural that 3DS players would have expected at least a version for them. Heck, it could have been the swan song for the 3DS and I would argue that everyone would have been happy. But it looks like they are forcing 3DS holdouts (like myself) to buy a switch or miss out on a game that they have been waiting for years. I for one am willing to forgo the game rather than buy a system I don't want.

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
I get that they needed a hit for the switch. My issue is that they are shutting out the 3DS, when from what we see it looks no more technically demanding than ALBW. Plus it's the game that's been teased for years now, so it's natural that 3DS players would have expected at least a version for them. Heck, it could have been the swan song for the 3DS and I would argue that everyone would have been happy. But it looks like they are forcing 3DS holdouts (like myself) to buy a switch or miss out on a game that they have been waiting for years. I for one am willing to forgo the game rather than buy a system I don't want.

I have a 3DS, and when I got it, they announced the New 3DS which totally annoyed me. I like my 3Ds but I feel like they are definitely trying to phase out the 3DS since Switch is pretty much a portable. I like the idea of the swang song, a high note to start going out on, but maybe they thought it would just further drive attention back to the 3DS when they really want to focus everyone to the Switch. I'd like a Switch, but not going for it for a long long time. I'm plenty busy enough with what I have now.

Know what though? My Gameboy Advance SP is charging so fuck all of it. Time to play some Alleyway and Castlevania Double Pack.