• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Space, The Final Frontier

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Pacific 201 (A Star Trek Fan Production) Part 1

PACIFIC 201 (A Star Trek Fan Production) Part 2

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Why Doesn't SpaceX Recover the Second Stage

Luxman

#TRE45ON
A colony on Mars will be a pipe dream for at least 20 years. Elon Musk's SpaceX will only send an unmanned rocket to Mars before 2030. Manned missions to Mars will be one-way only. If a possible Martian pathogen were returned to Earth, it might wipe out the human race. A permanent base on the moon is a better first step. After the moon base is fully functional, they could send a one-way mission to Mars to start a permanent colony, but first they would have to send a few unmanned rockets to Mars with enough food, water, and other resources to maintain the colony for at least two years. If those resource rockets land safely and are still intact after two years, the manned rockets can be sent, with new volunteers and resources arriving every two years. Unless someone invents a faster spaceship engine drive, it will take at least 6 months to get to Mars. Rockets can only be launched in a window of a few months every 2 years when Mars is closest to Earth, about 35 million miles away. It will be difficult to live weightless on a spaceship for six months, then live in small cabins for years before larger habitats can be slowly constructed underground. The odds of failure are higher. I wouldn't want to be in a Mars colony for the first few decades.

Mars One Project, A One Way Ticket To Mars | TIME - June 3, 2013

Last edited:

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
I wouldn't want to be in a Mars colony for the first few decades.
I often question who would want to live there at all. The most inhospitable places on earth are still paradises compared to Mars or the moon. There would have to be a total terraforming of the planet, including the establishment of some sort of atmosphere even as a starting point, and that's beyond the even the imagination of current science.

You could take a trip to central Australia and it would basically be Mars with air and wildlife...

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I often question who would want to live there at all. The most inhospitable places on earth are still paradises compared to Mars or the moon. There would have to be a total terraforming of the planet, including the establishment of some sort of atmosphere even as a starting point, and that's beyond the even the imagination of current science.

You could take a trip to central Australia and it would basically be Mars with air and wildlife...
Probably because you come from a place that has at least some wildlife, if you're in a city, more if you're rural. You know what it means to enjoy wide open nature, skies and fields. Lush thick woods, and fishing, snowball fights, and the ability to say fuck it, and take the scenic route to where you're heading. In space, you're in a small, sterile, enclosed space. with artificial air, and meals that come from a capsule. That's what I would be asking if someone I knew wanted to do it for more then a 14 day excursion..

Luxman

#TRE45ON
People who want to go to Mars are delusional. They don't fully understand what it will be like. It's better to first set up a functioning colony on the moon, which is only two days away. People who want to go to Mars can live on the moon base for a few months to experience what it will be like to go to Mars. If they change their minds, which most people will, they are only two days away from the earth, instead of two years away.
Imagine being stuck on a ship and on Mars for over two years with someone who constantly whined that they wanted to return to earth.
They will have to do extra-intense psychological testing to choose people who won't snap during the two-year mission or under pressure.

Last edited:

tvstrip

Even just on a social scale, people were going ballistic/mental over a couple months of pandemic lockdown ON EARTH. And that's with oxygen, electricity, amazon, netflix and everything else.

I feel sorriest for the schmucks who go there first and have to setup the colonies. They get the worst of it, no chance of return, no reward (money is no good on Mars), and will just labour & die to become fertilizer for the bunch of schmucks who land there.

tvstrip

1663349504681.png

I think movies/tv make us forget how far away the moon actually is. Here is the distance to scale.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Maybe they realize how far it really is, but don't believe the government s lies about light speed travel, and teleportation.

Luxman

#TRE45ON
We should first send to Mars semi-autonomous robots to dig or build a large habitat underground, at least the size of a 10-room house.
When the first people arrive, 5 or 10 years later, they can just move in to the finished habitat, seal it up, and fill it with air.
The robots can continue to build similar habitats nearby, connected by tunnels, for future arrivals.
The habitats have to be underground because Mars doesn't have an atmosphere or magnetic field to protect people from solar and cosmic radiations.

Maybe they can find naturally formed caves and use those instead of wasting time and energy digging habitats.

Last edited:

Luxman

#TRE45ON
HASSELL + EOC presents MARS HABITAT - Mar 12, 2019

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Terraforming Mars (CGI from NatGeo 2009 docu) - Dec 14, 2011

Luxman

#TRE45ON
The Real Problem With Living on Mars - Sep 30, 2022

The first colonists could bring prebuilt airlocks and cans of expanding foam. If they find an existing cave, they could seal up the entrance around the airlock and create an airtight habitat.
NASA and Google could send nuclear powered drones to fly around Mars at about 10 feet off the ground to photograph and map the entire surface of Mars, similar to Google Streetview here on Earth, and to search for existing caves.

Last edited:

Luxman

#TRE45ON
NASA just officially announced to boost Hubble's orbit with SpaceX's Dragon - Oct 1, 2022

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Why Starship First Orbital Flight Is even more IMPORTANT than you think - Oct 3, 2022