• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NFL '19 Season Thread

The Yak

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
Well, I guess now is as good a time as any to start one of these.

Congratulations to the New England Patriots. Beyond question the greatest dynasty in NFL history. Best ever in the history of sports? Who can say.

We already have things to talk about:

Where will big names such as LeVeon Bell, Antonio Brown and Nick Foles be playing come September?

What will the terms of Russell Wilson's upcoming contract be? The Seahawks are sure to make him the NFL's highest paid player this offseason.

Will the NFL institute instant replay review on penalties after the controversial no-call in the NFC Championship game?

Who will take a chance on disgraced former Chiefs running-back Kareem Hunt? Will they suffer in the court of public opinion?

Is this the year that Commissioner Roger Goodell is not booed at the Draft? Seems unlikely.

Free agency starts next month. The Draft is after that. Before you know it training camps will start and NFL football will be back. NFL Season '19 Thread starts now.

The Yak

Kareem Hunt has signed a one-year deal with the Browns.

Antonio Brown has requested a trade from Pittsburgh.

pool_hustler

Be careful what you wish for, it might come true!
Will the NFL institute instant replay review on penalties after the controversial no-call in the NFC Championship game?

While they're at it
1) change the idiotic overtime rules too.

2) stop babying the quarterbacks so much.

3) Make PI a 15 yard auto first down penalty, not a point of foul penalty (unless the PI also includes unnecessary roughness).

The Yak

Much has happened in recent weeks:

Joe Flacco has been traded to the Broncos (will be official March 13th).

Nick Foles and LeVeon Bell will not be franchised and will become free agents.

Antonio Brown is likely to be traded.

Jason Witten is leaving the Monday Night Football booth to return to the Dallas Cowboys.

NFL Draft combine is ongoing as I type this.

Picking up where The Yak (thanks, Yak!) has left us -

Raiders - Antonio Brown, on the way
Chiefs - Carlos Hyde to join the RB corps
Patriots - Michael Bennett to reunite with Greg Schiano
Redskins - take Case Keenum off the Broncos' hands, for a $5 footlong.
Browns - Olivier Vernon comes over from the Giants, to join Myles Garrett in the pass rush. Look out for the Brownies!

Free agency is officially underway tomorrow, with many more moves rumored. The AZ Cardinals/Kyler Murray no. 1 overall pick subterfuge (?) dominated much of the combine. No doubt, the next several days will start to clarify what's likely to happen at the top of the draft.

The Yak

^Adding to the Antonio Brown information.

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1104648288958066688?s=19

Jeremy Fowler: This really is wild. Antonio Brown skipped work, disparaged the Steelers publicly, said he wouldn't play on a contract with three years left, then got a raise of almost $20 million with $30-plus million in new guarantees on his way to a new team. Savage power play.

For a 3rd and a 5th rounder.

Giants just ripped Cleveland off.
Odell is often injured and a primadonna.
The giants will get 3 starters out of this deal.

I'm surprised that the Giants did that deal. Odell is what you say he is, but he's also massively talented. I have to admit that I'm excited about the Cleveland offense, but that's a great haul for NY. Add Zeitler on the offensive line, and it looks like the G Men are planning a smooth transition away from Eli. Still, it would've been nice for Haskins, or whomever they draft, to be able to throw to a Pro Bowler.

Can't wait to see Cleveland next year, and maybe NY in 2-3.

The Yak

Kareem Hunt suspended for the first eight games of the season. He will not appeal.

Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill is being investigated for battery of his three year old son. Not a good look for a guy who has already been convicted of assaulting this same child's mother while she was pregnant with him.

In another story which does not speak to Dave Gettleman's competence as a General Manager, Carolina released underachieving and overpaid left tackle Matt Kalil.

The Yak

Patriots Tight End Rob Gronkowski to retire. Had a great career and was a fun player to watch despite the team for which he played.

Regular Season:
7,861 Yards
79 Touchdowns
5 X Pro-Bowl
4 X All-Pro

Post Season:
1,163 Yards
12 Touchdowns
3X Super Bowl Champ

The Yak

http://www.espn.com/nfl/schedule

The schedule is out.

Green Bay at Chicago opening game.
Steelers at Patriots > SNF Week 1
The Browns will appear in four prime-time games this year. The Browns have appeared in only 11 prime-time games in the last 10 seasons.
The Giants will not have a Sunday Night Football game (barring a flex) for the first time since 2011.

pool_hustler

Rams have a pretty tough schedule, but go all the way this time IF Gurley is healthy.

If not Saints and Bears duke it out to face Pats or Chiefs in the Super Bowl.

Don't really see any sleeper teams. Maybe Indy, although I don't think they're ready to take that final big leap.
Maybe the Chargers, who get to play most of their toughest games at home. The two meet each other in week one in San Diego.

Rams have a pretty tough schedule, but go all the way this time IF Gurley is healthy.

If not Saints and Bears duke it out to face Pats or Chiefs in the Super Bowl.

Don't really see any sleeper teams. Maybe Indy, although I don't think they're ready to take that final big leap.
Maybe the Chargers, who get to play most of their toughest games at home. The two meet each other in week one in San Diego.

Rams come back down to earth, some. Bears will be a force, with Mitchell surprisingly improved, with an improving offense. Pats? Meh. Maybe done for, for real this time :dunno: The Chiefs will disappoint, but not suck. Indy will be in playoff contention. So will the Chargers, my (annual - love ya', Rivers, you goofy son of a gun) sleeper pick.

The Yak

First round of the Draft last night. Much interesting happened:

Cardinals drafted Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray with the first overall pick. Rumors are Josh Rosen will be traded as early as today.

Dave Gettleman continued to make headlines / raise eyebrows by selecting Duke quarterback Daniel Jones with the 6th pick over Dwayne Haskins and Drew Lock.

Panthers select Florida State DE/OLB/EDGE Brian Burns. Like this pick. Highlights below:

Drew Lock, Greedy Williams and D.K. Metcalf are some big names still on the board.

pool_hustler

Cardinals drafted Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray with the first overall pick. Rumors are Josh Rosen will be traded as early as today.

In that case somebody's going to get a pretty talented young QB on the cheap.
I don't know if Rosen quite has "the right stuff" to ever be a major star, but it would be interesting to see what he could do behind a good O line. He never had one at UCLA or in Phoenix.
Apart from his freshman year at UCLA he's also never had a really talented running back as a counterpart.

The Yak

In that case somebody's going to get a pretty talented young QB on the cheap.
I don't know if Rosen quite has "the right stuff" to ever be a major star, but it would be interesting to see what he could do behind a good O line. He never had one at UCLA or in Phoenix.
Apart from his freshman year at UCLA he's also never had a really talented running back as a counterpart.

And Josh Rosen is now a Dolphin.

https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/1121947773199429632?s=21