• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Canada isn't looking too hot these days...

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
It would be really cool if they found an intact Saber Tooth Tiger, or a Wooly Mammoth.

Mr. Daystar

Ooooh, now I get it. It's a play on title of this threat. I just realized that :oops:.
Hat's off to you for that smart play on words :)
I just noticed it too. I didn't do it on purpose, so I guess my comedic genius just flows organically! Damn I'm good!:D

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
Last edited:

Mr. Daystar

Considering what's going on, I would rather they be very cautious, and careful about everything.

Mr. Daystar

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/border-incident-erroneous-reporting-1.7036978

Just to clarify and debunk the "fake news" going around - the car was not from Canada. The car came from the US and never even got to the bridge.

I read somewhere they don't think it was terror related, which I'm hoping is true. Honestly, it could have been a lot of things. A throttle linkage could have locked up, or a person hits the gas, instead of the brake, in a panic. Lets just hope it wasn't some scumbags trying to pull of some stupid shit.

tvstrip

I read somewhere they don't think it was terror related, which I'm hoping is true. Honestly, it could have been a lot of things. A throttle linkage could have locked up, or a person hits the gas, instead of the brake, in a panic. Lets just hope it wasn't some scumbags trying to pull of some stupid shit.
Yes, all authorities are stressing that it's not terror related.
While that bridge is still closed, all other bridges in the area are back up and running. Which wasn't the case with 9/11, when all borders were sealed for days.

If it were a terror plot, they would have aimed for the inspections booths (where that camera is focused on), where all the officers do their work. Or blow it on the bridge, or somewhere it would have done some damage. But even then, there's really no reason to do it now, when just 2 days later there would have been much bigger targets.
So I agree all signs point to this being unintentional, or at least, not terror related. I'm not even sure they knew you could get a car airborne like that without a ramp.

Mr. Daystar

I lost the link, so I'll post it if I can find it again, but the short version is, a couple was on their way to a kiss concert, so maybe they were doing a Gene Simmons impression. They must of been well off, because the car was a Bentley, which explains why it flew so high.

Sorry, I know it's in bad taste, but I couldn't resist.

tvstrip

I lost the link, so I'll post it if I can find it again, but the short version is, a couple was on their way to a kiss concert, so maybe they were doing a Gene Simmons impression. They must of been well off, because the car was a Bentley, which explains why it flew so high.

Sorry, I know it's in bad taste, but I couldn't resist.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67505126
Robert Restaino, the mayor of Niagara Falls in New York, told the New York Times that the couple were business owners from nearby Grand Island and were both in their 50s.
Mr Restaino said they were driving an older Bentley model and were on their way to a concert in Canada, believed to be a Kiss show that was cancelled.
Among other possibilities, Mr Restaino said police were looking at whether the car had suffered a mechanical failure that caused it to accelerate.
Sounds consistent with what you found.

It's been years since I've been in that area, but I know there is nowhere or no reason you'd be going that fast, since it's a border checkpoint. It's not like there's a freeway exit or anything. But if nothing but the engine remained, I'm guessing there isn't enough to do a toxicology report.
https://www.google.com/maps/@43.0904361,-79.0653841,219a,35y,170.34h,54.87t/data=!3m1!1e3?entry=ttu

Mr. Daystar

Well, it's sad they died, but I'm glad it wasn't an attempt at terrorism. I would lean towards mechanical failure, and not impaired driving. I just have a feeling, because 50 somethings going to a farewell Kiss show, with money, would take a limo if they wanted to get plowed. If they were in their 20's or 30's, I would look for drugs, or alcohol. I just have a feeling, no proof.

tvstrip

Makes sense. Bentleys aren't cheap though, so the thought of one going haywire like that is kind of scary.
Also the media and many politicians jumping the gun in calling it terrorism just shows how thin the façade of peace and stability is between the countries.

tvstrip

1700812267349.png

1700812528494.png

Personal sleuthing here - Looking at the footage and streetview, it was so close from not being a serious accident. The car just hit the beginning of the jersey barrier which made it airborne. Just a little earlier and it would have just crossed over onto another road, just a little later and the barrier likely would have stopped the car. It looks like it just happened to hit the precise place to make the jump.

Mr. Daystar

It depends on how good they were with keeping up on the maintenance. even the best has its limits, and sometimes defects don't show up right away. Of course it could be all on the driver, who really knows. As far as one country jumping to conclusions, and others not so quick to. We still have a lot of our past, stuck in our brain. We have suffered more then one terrorist attack in this country. We have to be extra cautious. You know it was pointed out to me a couple of days ago, on the anniversary of the JFK assassination, that if you go back a couple of generations, and ask them, they will remember exactly where they were when he was shot. Well, it's the same way for my generation, with the towers on 9/11. A lot of us remember that, and a lot of us know, the real perpetrators of that crime, never were, and never will, be brought to justice. I think we both know it wasn't Iraq, or Saddam. It was Saudi Arabia that funded that, and not one person was ever caught.

DrakeM

To the monsters, we're monsters
The main reason for the Canadian gun ban is to keep citizens defenseless against the government and other corrupt organizations.

Trudeau's gun ban extension shows it was always about politics - Oct 17, 2023
https://torontosun.com/opinion/colu...-extension-shows-it-was-always-about-politics
"keep citizens defenseless against the government"? Don't need guns when you've got the option to vote out any government that misbehaves. Looking south, if our neighbors elect Trump this year, they'll no longer have a ballot box option despite having a bazillion more guns than Canadians. Also, Trudeau is past his expiry date. Either he'll resign before the next election or lose the next election at which point he'll resign.

tvstrip

"keep citizens defenseless against the government"? Don't need guns when you've got the option to vote out any government that misbehaves. Looking south, if our neighbors elect Trump this year, they'll no longer have a ballot box option despite having a bazillion more guns than Canadians. Also, Trudeau is past his expiry date. Either he'll resign before the next election or lose the next election at which point he'll resign.
I think he's too proud to resign before the election (especially since he's going to choose when it happens) but 100% agree he's in hot water. He barely squeaked by the last one, even though he called the early election thinking he'd get a majority, and it backfired so badly it lead to the current NDP-Lib alliance. JT's and his gov't has enough scandals, even just in the past year with Nazis being invited to parliament to only now realizing how his absurd immigration targets contributed to the housing crisis.

The Libs don't have much of a succession plan either. Freeland has made some gaffes with Ukraine and of course, the Disney+ comment. It's JT or bust for them.

That said, I'm not totally sold on the NDP or CPC either. But at least we have a real choice of more than 2 parties in Canada, and that's something to be proud of.

tvstrip

Rare Pokemon card stolen north of Toronto, police say victim was attempting to sell it for $7K
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/rare-pok...im-was-attempting-to-sell-it-for-7k-1.6830438

The vehicle was eventually followed into the City of Toronto where arrests were made in the Parliament Street and Richmond Street East area.
Police charged Haaron Farah, 20, of Toronto, along with three teenagers, a 16-year-old and two 17-year-olds.
Farah was before the courts on unrelated charges and released on bail while one of the 17-year-olds accused was bound by two separate probation orders.
The suspects are facing multiple charges, including possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000.

You know it's a peaceful country when this is the type of crime that makes the national news.