• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Back When Cartoons Were Allowed To Be Funny

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
The liberal part of me likes the frosty coating. The conservative part of me wishes we were allowed to watch the old cartoons that seem to offend a lot of people nowadays. Speaking of which, here's a good one: Porky Pig gets hired by a womens' liberationist to watch her maladjusted kid. It's got everything: stereotyped tough females; random violence; ethnic slurs; hey...Porky even tells someone to play with their pussy!! Here it is. Porky himself in Brother Brat.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
It sucks, the price we pay because of pussification.

I personally miss the Sylvester episodes that involve his disbelief, and the need to end it all with a revolver.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
I love these old cartoons. They're almost like a bridge between innocence and adulthood. The kids just think they're random and funny...they miss all of the social commentary, hidden sexuality, and violence without impunity. When we grow up, we get all of that; we also say, "It's just a cartoon"....maybe because we miss those days of not knowing. We don't watch cartoons like these because we love cartoons like these...at least not in the same way we love our favorite TV show. We love these old cartoons because they connect us with our past...what we can no longer have and no longer feel. It's like reaching out to touch a memory.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Given the present state of affairs, I thought I'd share one of my favorite cartoons.

DOG GONE SOUTH

Last edited:

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Nothing says marginally offensive like those wide-eyed wartime cartoons...an era of bobby sox, bayonnets, and good 'ole-fashioned stereotyping. This one's a classic...unless you'd rather just forget Nazi atrocities. I give you The Ducktators from 1942.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Another fave of mine. It's Daffy Duck. First, he gets hopped up on illegal medication, then he ruins an urban renewal site, tries to thwart the U.S. Navy, and eventually hijacks a test space exploration vehicle. Yes, it's that zany Stupor Duck.

STUPOR DUCK

Last edited:

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Another offensive wartime favorite...this time from that racially insensitive butthole Walt Disney. It's Commando Duck.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
You'd never get away with a title like this nowadays....here's Puss N' Booty.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
All kidding aside, here is one of my personal favorites. It's from way back in the Thirsty Thirties. It's Congo Jazz.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Here's a classic if there ever was one. The only slightly offensive Popeye Meets Ali Baba And His Forty Thieves.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
One of Bugs Bunny's early gems. The only marginally offensive Racketeer Rabbit. Pay close attention to the two bad guys...You Might recognize them if you like old movies.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Here's a great one. Popeye gets into a stew when some well-eating cannibals get a hold of him. This short is not only racist and offensive, but it's one of the earliest ones I remember laughing out loud at. Salami, salami, bologna! It's Pop-Pie a la Mode from 1945.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
I can't believe the jazz intro wouldn't be intentional.

Yeah. Has a kinda speakeasy in Harlem feel to it...like whenever the Ink Spots broke into a speaking part in a song. I always wondered why the creators didn't just go with African tribal voicing. We may never know why. But I remember seeing it as a kid. Those questions never occurred to me. I just laughed my ass off. My thought probably was, "Who the hell would want to eat Popeye?"

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Speaking of peace, harmony and racial equality, here's an old TerryToon called Much Ado About Nothing. It features a black duck named Dinky. He's friends with a little yellow chick, but due to a misunderstanding, the whole barnyard erupts into war, child endangerment, and a lotta busted eggs. I won't give away the ending, but the kid in you will approve.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Here, Bugs gives us a different type of ethnic intolerance. This time, it's those danged Appalachian Americans who get the kick. Below is a sample of Hillbilly Bugs. Below that is a link to the whole cartoon.

Hillbilly Hare

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
I suppose only French people might be offended by the Clouseau-esque painter in this here short...those folks, or maybe people who hate the color PINK. Either way, here's The Pink Phink from the Pink Panther cartoons. Dig that mellow Mancini jazz background gold....

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
THE MOUSE THAT JACK BUILT was a 1959 Warner Brothers cartoon that--like many of their cartoons--featured cartoon characters who were actually caricatures of real celebrities...in this case, Jack Benny as a mouse. What makes this short unique isn't the darker-faced Rochester mouse using that thick, stereotyped 1950s AA drawl, instead it was the real-life cameo that Benny makes at the end. Oops...sorry to spoil it. But you've probably already seen this anyway. It was The Jack Benny Show from inside a mouse hole. Enjoy.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Here are a couple of Fractured Fairy Tales from the Rocky And Bullwinkle Show. They teach us about how important being beautiful is, and girls should go to any length to appear attractive...unless the guy is ugly in which case it doesn't matter.